2020 Hypertension Summit to be held in Fargo, March 19, 2020
This announcement has 1 attachment:
Registration is now open for the 5th Annual Hypertension Summit! The goal of the Summit is to share the importance of hypertension diagnosis and treatment. This year, we will cover topics including, we will cover topics including, motivating patients towards lower BP with lifestyle change, medication management of hypertension, complementary and alternative treatments for hypertension, and addressing social determinants of health through collaborative approaches. CME’s will be offered for this FREE training opportunity! For more information, and to REGISTER, visit https://heartstroke.health.nd.gov/events/.
There is an additional training opportunity that will occur before the Hypertension Summit, but in the SAME location!
Blood Pressure Protocol Training
Thursday, March 19 from 10:30a – 11:30a
The “Famous” Blood Pressure Protocol training will now be offered immediately before the Hypertension Summit!
The purpose of this training is to:
- Understand why accuracy in blood pressure measurement is critical in identification and management of hypertension.
- Identify basic lifestyle recommendations to lower BP.
- Recommend tools for education, workflow and an approved protocol for use to improve identification and management of people with elevated BP.
- Demonstrate proper sizing of a BP cuff and how to take a blood pressure.
- Discuss alternate BP measurement sites.
This course is offered at NO charge, and attendees will receive 1 credit from the ND Board of Nursing. Limited to the first 25 registrations.
For more information, or to register: https://heartstroke.health.nd.gov/events